In a press conference in New Delhi, Micromax announced the launch of its latest smartphone, Canvas Infinity, in India. The Canvas Infinity is company’s first smartphone with an 18:9 display, and the first budget smartphone in the market to offer one.
At the very beginning of 2017, we aligned our product roadmap basis the consumer needs and committed ourselves to focus on the four key trends – Camera, Screen, Battery and Security. With Micromax Canvas Infinity, we are focusing on bringing the best in class display experience with an all-rounder device that packs in the best of everything.
– Rahul Sharma, Co-Founder Micromax Informatics
Micromax has also hinted at expanding the Infinity range in the coming months, with an Infinity Pro around the festive season. The company has also shared that the Canvas Infinity will be upgraded to Android 8.0.
Micromax Canvas Infinity Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 Nougat; upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Display: 5.7-inch display with 18:9 (1440 x 720) resolution | 450 nits brightness
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 | Adreno 308 GPU
- RAM: 3 GB
- Internal Storage: 32 GB; expandable up to 128GB with microSD card
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with LED flash | f/2.0 aperture | 1.12um pixel size | 5P lens
- Front Camera: 16 MP with LED flash | f/2.0 aperture | 81.5-degree FOV | 5P lens
- Battery: 2,900 mAh
What is the 18:9 aspect ratio all about? – Gary explains
The Micromax Canvas Infinity will be available exclusively on Amazon.in from September 1 at a price of INR 9,999 ($155) in black color. Micromax has also announced a 24-hour service promise on the new Canvas Infinity – the company promises a 24 hours repair or replacement.
The Canvas Infinity is a solid smartphone from Micromax, and the all-round package may just be the one that the company needed to capture the mindshare amongst Indian audience once again. What are your thoughts on the Canvas Infinity, and would you like to buy one?